Nov 25, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
For the Tampa Bay Lightning, Monday was a glorious homecoming, as they beat the New York Rangers 5-0 to break a four-game losing trip (which all came on the road). From New York’s perspective, it was pretty much a nightmare, as Henrik Lundqvist was pulled for the third time this season.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault isn’t throwing the Rangers’ star goalie under the bus, either, complaining that Martin St. Louis‘ milestone night – his second tally gave him career No. 350 – went a little too smoothly.
The Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross passes along a quote that seems to summarize the evening:
“Obviously it was sort of Martin St. Louis love-fest out there, nobody touched a soul, especially not him,” Vigneault said.
The Rangers are having trouble hitting opponents and the net lately. Despite taking three of those games, the Rangers have only scored seven goals in their last six games.
It’s pretty easy to defend your goalies — whether it be Lundqvist or surprisingly effective backup Cam Talbot — when they’re keeping you in most games.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 27
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)