Nov 25, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
For the Tampa Bay Lightning, Monday was a glorious homecoming, as they beat the New York Rangers 5-0 to break a four-game losing trip (which all came on the road). From New York’s perspective, it was pretty much a nightmare, as Henrik Lundqvist was pulled for the third time this season.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault isn’t throwing the Rangers’ star goalie under the bus, either, complaining that Martin St. Louis‘ milestone night – his second tally gave him career No. 350 – went a little too smoothly.
The Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross passes along a quote that seems to summarize the evening:
“Obviously it was sort of Martin St. Louis love-fest out there, nobody touched a soul, especially not him,” Vigneault said.
The Rangers are having trouble hitting opponents and the net lately. Despite taking three of those games, the Rangers have only scored seven goals in their last six games.
It’s pretty easy to defend your goalies — whether it be Lundqvist or surprisingly effective backup Cam Talbot — when they’re keeping you in most games.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)