Nov 25, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
For the Tampa Bay Lightning, Monday was a glorious homecoming, as they beat the New York Rangers 5-0 to break a four-game losing trip (which all came on the road). From New York’s perspective, it was pretty much a nightmare, as Henrik Lundqvist was pulled for the third time this season.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault isn’t throwing the Rangers’ star goalie under the bus, either, complaining that Martin St. Louis‘ milestone night – his second tally gave him career No. 350 – went a little too smoothly.
The Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross passes along a quote that seems to summarize the evening:
“Obviously it was sort of Martin St. Louis love-fest out there, nobody touched a soul, especially not him,” Vigneault said.
The Rangers are having trouble hitting opponents and the net lately. Despite taking three of those games, the Rangers have only scored seven goals in their last six games.
It’s pretty easy to defend your goalies — whether it be Lundqvist or surprisingly effective backup Cam Talbot — when they’re keeping you in most games.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)