Nov 25, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Ottawa Senators goaltender Robin Lehner wasn’t happy with his team’s effort in their 4-1 loss to Carolina on Sunday. He said they need more than just “glimpses where we’re pretty good” if they want to think about advancing to the postseason. (Ottawa Citizen)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Monday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
The Winnipeg Jets are about to start a critical six-game road trip. (Winnipeg Sun)
Goaltender Joey MacDonald has been great since the Calgary Flames placed him on waivers and sent him to the minors. (AHL.com)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5