Nov 25, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
When it was announced that Pittsburgh Penguins youngster Beau Bennett was injured last week, head coach Dan Bylsma said he’d be out “longer than days.” Now we have a more specific window: he’ll be out eight-to-10 weeks after undergoing surgery on his wrist/hand area.
The 21-year-old hasn’t lit the world on fire despite his first-round pedigree, although it seemed like there was at least a chance that he might put up better numbers going forward as he was getting some ice time alongside Sidney Crosby.
He already missed several games earlier this season with a lower-body injury, so it’s been a tough 2013-14 campaign for Bennett.
The Penguins have lost two close games in a row, including tonight’s 4-3 OT defeat to the Boston Bruins.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)