Nov 25, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
When it was announced that Pittsburgh Penguins youngster Beau Bennett was injured last week, head coach Dan Bylsma said he’d be out “longer than days.” Now we have a more specific window: he’ll be out eight-to-10 weeks after undergoing surgery on his wrist/hand area.
The 21-year-old hasn’t lit the world on fire despite his first-round pedigree, although it seemed like there was at least a chance that he might put up better numbers going forward as he was getting some ice time alongside Sidney Crosby.
He already missed several games earlier this season with a lower-body injury, so it’s been a tough 2013-14 campaign for Bennett.
The Penguins have lost two close games in a row, including tonight’s 4-3 OT defeat to the Boston Bruins.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)