Nov 25, 2013, 10:11 PM EST
When it was announced that Pittsburgh Penguins youngster Beau Bennett was injured last week, head coach Dan Bylsma said he’d be out “longer than days.” Now we have a more specific window: he’ll be out eight-to-10 weeks after undergoing surgery on his wrist/hand area.
The 21-year-old hasn’t lit the world on fire despite his first-round pedigree, although it seemed like there was at least a chance that he might put up better numbers going forward as he was getting some ice time alongside Sidney Crosby.
He already missed several games earlier this season with a lower-body injury, so it’s been a tough 2013-14 campaign for Bennett.
The Penguins have lost two close games in a row, including tonight’s 4-3 OT defeat to the Boston Bruins.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 64
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)