Nov 25, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
When it was announced that Pittsburgh Penguins youngster Beau Bennett was injured last week, head coach Dan Bylsma said he’d be out “longer than days.” Now we have a more specific window: he’ll be out eight-to-10 weeks after undergoing surgery on his wrist/hand area.
The 21-year-old hasn’t lit the world on fire despite his first-round pedigree, although it seemed like there was at least a chance that he might put up better numbers going forward as he was getting some ice time alongside Sidney Crosby.
He already missed several games earlier this season with a lower-body injury, so it’s been a tough 2013-14 campaign for Bennett.
The Penguins have lost two close games in a row, including tonight’s 4-3 OT defeat to the Boston Bruins.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)