Nov 25, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
When it was announced that Pittsburgh Penguins youngster Beau Bennett was injured last week, head coach Dan Bylsma said he’d be out “longer than days.” Now we have a more specific window: he’ll be out eight-to-10 weeks after undergoing surgery on his wrist/hand area.
The 21-year-old hasn’t lit the world on fire despite his first-round pedigree, although it seemed like there was at least a chance that he might put up better numbers going forward as he was getting some ice time alongside Sidney Crosby.
He already missed several games earlier this season with a lower-body injury, so it’s been a tough 2013-14 campaign for Bennett.
The Penguins have lost two close games in a row, including tonight’s 4-3 OT defeat to the Boston Bruins.
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 0
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 11
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13