Nov 25, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
The latest session happens on Monday as the Edmonton Oilers host the Chicago Blackhawks. Nugent-Hopkins seems eager to learn from what the Edmonton Journal calls “a seminar on how to play the game at both ends.”
“I like the way Toews battles in all areas of the game. He’s got so much talent offensively but he’s so good defensively. You can definitely tell he’s the leader out there,” Nugent-Hopkins said. “I like the opportunity to play against him, actually. It’s a challenge, for sure, but I’ve enjoyed it.”
The 20-year-old said he wants to be “known as a two-way centerman.” Getting the best of a star like Toews – in his own zone and on the attack – would be a big step toward accomplishing just that.
Like acing a high-level course, that can be easier said than done, however.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25