Nov 25, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues will face the Minnesota Wild on NBCSN Monday without Kevin Shattenkirk thanks to his case of the flu, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford reports.
Shattenkirk, 24, might get lost in the shuffle a bit on a deep Blues team, but he’s one of their most notable defensemen. He’s been quite the playmaker from the blueline this season, as 15 of his 16 points have been assists.
As expected, this will open the door for Carlo Colaiacovo‘s season debut.
The Blues have won three in a row and five of their last six, building a franchise-best 16-3-3 start. The Wild aren’t that far behind with a 15-5-4 record.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35