Nov 25, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues will face the Minnesota Wild on NBCSN Monday without Kevin Shattenkirk thanks to his case of the flu, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford reports.
Shattenkirk, 24, might get lost in the shuffle a bit on a deep Blues team, but he’s one of their most notable defensemen. He’s been quite the playmaker from the blueline this season, as 15 of his 16 points have been assists.
As expected, this will open the door for Carlo Colaiacovo‘s season debut.
The Blues have won three in a row and five of their last six, building a franchise-best 16-3-3 start. The Wild aren’t that far behind with a 15-5-4 record.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63