Nov 25, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Monday started off pretty poorly for the Toronto Maple Leafs, as they fell behind 4-0 less than seven minutes into the second period of tonight’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Now there’s concern as Joffrey Lupul is injured.
Update: Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Lupul has a groin injury. No word yet on how severe it is.
To give you a mere taste of his bad injury luck, just look at the ailments he’s dealt with in this calendar year alone:
- Missed 25 games with a forearm injury.
- Suspended two games in March (not an injury, but still more missed time).
- He missed five games late last season with a concussion, too.
- Lupul missed two contests last month with a bruised foot.
So, yeah, this must really be getting old for Lupul. Stay tuned for more.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20