Nov 25, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Monday started off pretty poorly for the Toronto Maple Leafs, as they fell behind 4-0 less than seven minutes into the second period of tonight’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Now there’s concern as Joffrey Lupul is injured.
Update: Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Lupul has a groin injury. No word yet on how severe it is.
To give you a mere taste of his bad injury luck, just look at the ailments he’s dealt with in this calendar year alone:
- Missed 25 games with a forearm injury.
- Suspended two games in March (not an injury, but still more missed time).
- He missed five games late last season with a concussion, too.
- Lupul missed two contests last month with a bruised foot.
So, yeah, this must really be getting old for Lupul. Stay tuned for more.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)