Nov 25, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Monday started off pretty poorly for the Toronto Maple Leafs, as they fell behind 4-0 less than seven minutes into the second period of tonight’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Now there’s concern as Joffrey Lupul is injured.
Update: Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Lupul has a groin injury. No word yet on how severe it is.
To give you a mere taste of his bad injury luck, just look at the ailments he’s dealt with in this calendar year alone:
- Missed 25 games with a forearm injury.
- Suspended two games in March (not an injury, but still more missed time).
- He missed five games late last season with a concussion, too.
- Lupul missed two contests last month with a bruised foot.
So, yeah, this must really be getting old for Lupul. Stay tuned for more.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)