Nov 25, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Monday started off pretty poorly for the Toronto Maple Leafs, as they fell behind 4-0 less than seven minutes into the second period of tonight’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Now there’s concern as Joffrey Lupul is injured.
Update: Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Lupul has a groin injury. No word yet on how severe it is.
To give you a mere taste of his bad injury luck, just look at the ailments he’s dealt with in this calendar year alone:
- Missed 25 games with a forearm injury.
- Suspended two games in March (not an injury, but still more missed time).
- He missed five games late last season with a concussion, too.
- Lupul missed two contests last month with a bruised foot.
So, yeah, this must really be getting old for Lupul. Stay tuned for more.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)