Nov 25, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Monday started off pretty poorly for the Toronto Maple Leafs, as they fell behind 4-0 less than seven minutes into the second period of tonight’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Now there’s concern as Joffrey Lupul is injured.
Update: Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle said that Lupul has a groin injury. No word yet on how severe it is.
To give you a mere taste of his bad injury luck, just look at the ailments he’s dealt with in this calendar year alone:
- Missed 25 games with a forearm injury.
- Suspended two games in March (not an injury, but still more missed time).
- He missed five games late last season with a concussion, too.
- Lupul missed two contests last month with a bruised foot.
So, yeah, this must really be getting old for Lupul. Stay tuned for more.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5