Nov 25, 2013, 6:36 PM EST
Moving Quick to the long-term injured reserve is no shock, as the Kings revealed that he could be out at least another month with a groin injury. The 27-year-old has had an up-and-down season so far, while Ben Scrivens has impressed so far in relief.
The Kings’ offense has really dried up the last two games, as their two consecutive OT losses are hardly Scrivens’ fault. They’ve only scored a single goal in that duo of contests, so getting Carter back. The 28-year-old has five goals and nine points in 14 games this season after an almost-comical 26 goals and seven assists in 48 contests last season.
Los Angeles hopes to end this brief skid against the Canucks in Vancouver tonight.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)