Nov 25, 2013, 6:36 PM EDT
Moving Quick to the long-term injured reserve is no shock, as the Kings revealed that he could be out at least another month with a groin injury. The 27-year-old has had an up-and-down season so far, while Ben Scrivens has impressed so far in relief.
The Kings’ offense has really dried up the last two games, as their two consecutive OT losses are hardly Scrivens’ fault. They’ve only scored a single goal in that duo of contests, so getting Carter back. The 28-year-old has five goals and nine points in 14 games this season after an almost-comical 26 goals and seven assists in 48 contests last season.
Los Angeles hopes to end this brief skid against the Canucks in Vancouver tonight.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25