Nov 25, 2013, 6:36 PM EDT
Moving Quick to the long-term injured reserve is no shock, as the Kings revealed that he could be out at least another month with a groin injury. The 27-year-old has had an up-and-down season so far, while Ben Scrivens has impressed so far in relief.
The Kings’ offense has really dried up the last two games, as their two consecutive OT losses are hardly Scrivens’ fault. They’ve only scored a single goal in that duo of contests, so getting Carter back. The 28-year-old has five goals and nine points in 14 games this season after an almost-comical 26 goals and seven assists in 48 contests last season.
Los Angeles hopes to end this brief skid against the Canucks in Vancouver tonight.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22