Nov 25, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Marian Hossa will miss Monday’s game against Edmonton due to a family matter — his second game away from the club — but is expected to rejoin the club for the remainder of its annual Circus Trip, according to ESPN Chicago.
Hossa, 34, has been in and out of the Chicago lineup over the last two weeks. He missed a trio of games to an upper-body injury — in which the ‘Hawks were beaten badly by Nashville (7-2) and Colorado (5-1) — before returning for a 6-3 win over Winnipeg on Thursday.
Hossa then left the ‘Hawks prior to Saturday’s 2-1 win in Vancouver, to attend to an undisclosed issue with his family.
Chicago has four games remaining on its longest roadie of the year — a trip through Colorado, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary Dallas and Phoenix — one that sees them play seven times in 11 nights.
Hossa remains Chicago’s third-leading goalscorer on the year, with 10, and has 17 points in 20 games played.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)