Nov 25, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Marian Hossa will miss Monday’s game against Edmonton due to a family matter — his second game away from the club — but is expected to rejoin the club for the remainder of its annual Circus Trip, according to ESPN Chicago.
Hossa, 34, has been in and out of the Chicago lineup over the last two weeks. He missed a trio of games to an upper-body injury — in which the ‘Hawks were beaten badly by Nashville (7-2) and Colorado (5-1) — before returning for a 6-3 win over Winnipeg on Thursday.
Hossa then left the ‘Hawks prior to Saturday’s 2-1 win in Vancouver, to attend to an undisclosed issue with his family.
Chicago has four games remaining on its longest roadie of the year — a trip through Colorado, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary Dallas and Phoenix — one that sees them play seven times in 11 nights.
Hossa remains Chicago’s third-leading goalscorer on the year, with 10, and has 17 points in 20 games played.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)