Nov 25, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Marian Hossa will miss Monday’s game against Edmonton due to a family matter — his second game away from the club — but is expected to rejoin the club for the remainder of its annual Circus Trip, according to ESPN Chicago.
Hossa, 34, has been in and out of the Chicago lineup over the last two weeks. He missed a trio of games to an upper-body injury — in which the ‘Hawks were beaten badly by Nashville (7-2) and Colorado (5-1) — before returning for a 6-3 win over Winnipeg on Thursday.
Hossa then left the ‘Hawks prior to Saturday’s 2-1 win in Vancouver, to attend to an undisclosed issue with his family.
Chicago has four games remaining on its longest roadie of the year — a trip through Colorado, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary Dallas and Phoenix — one that sees them play seven times in 11 nights.
Hossa remains Chicago’s third-leading goalscorer on the year, with 10, and has 17 points in 20 games played.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)