Nov 25, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Marian Hossa will miss Monday’s game against Edmonton due to a family matter — his second game away from the club — but is expected to rejoin the club for the remainder of its annual Circus Trip, according to ESPN Chicago.
Hossa, 34, has been in and out of the Chicago lineup over the last two weeks. He missed a trio of games to an upper-body injury — in which the ‘Hawks were beaten badly by Nashville (7-2) and Colorado (5-1) — before returning for a 6-3 win over Winnipeg on Thursday.
Hossa then left the ‘Hawks prior to Saturday’s 2-1 win in Vancouver, to attend to an undisclosed issue with his family.
Chicago has four games remaining on its longest roadie of the year — a trip through Colorado, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary Dallas and Phoenix — one that sees them play seven times in 11 nights.
Hossa remains Chicago’s third-leading goalscorer on the year, with 10, and has 17 points in 20 games played.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25