Nov 25, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Marian Hossa will miss Monday’s game against Edmonton due to a family matter — his second game away from the club — but is expected to rejoin the club for the remainder of its annual Circus Trip, according to ESPN Chicago.
Hossa, 34, has been in and out of the Chicago lineup over the last two weeks. He missed a trio of games to an upper-body injury — in which the ‘Hawks were beaten badly by Nashville (7-2) and Colorado (5-1) — before returning for a 6-3 win over Winnipeg on Thursday.
Hossa then left the ‘Hawks prior to Saturday’s 2-1 win in Vancouver, to attend to an undisclosed issue with his family.
Chicago has four games remaining on its longest roadie of the year — a trip through Colorado, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary Dallas and Phoenix — one that sees them play seven times in 11 nights.
Hossa remains Chicago’s third-leading goalscorer on the year, with 10, and has 17 points in 20 games played.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 31
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3