Nov 25, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Martin Hanzal suffered a lower-body injury that cut his Saturday appearance short, but he’s expected to play through it against the Nashville Predators on Monday, according to Dave Vest of the Phoenix Coyotes’ Web site.
Update: He indeed ended up playing.
The towering pivot has been a force so far in 2013-14, at least when he’s been able to play (he was suspended for two games earlier this season). The 26-year-old has 19 points in 19 games along with providing his usually stout two-way play down the middle.
Phoenix has lost two in a row and three of its last four, so keeping Hanzal in the lineup would be helpful.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5