Nov 25, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Martin Hanzal suffered a lower-body injury that cut his Saturday appearance short, but he’s expected to play through it against the Nashville Predators on Monday, according to Dave Vest of the Phoenix Coyotes’ Web site.
Update: He indeed ended up playing.
The towering pivot has been a force so far in 2013-14, at least when he’s been able to play (he was suspended for two games earlier this season). The 26-year-old has 19 points in 19 games along with providing his usually stout two-way play down the middle.
Phoenix has lost two in a row and three of its last four, so keeping Hanzal in the lineup would be helpful.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)