Nov 25, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Martin Hanzal suffered a lower-body injury that cut his Saturday appearance short, but he’s expected to play through it against the Nashville Predators on Monday, according to Dave Vest of the Phoenix Coyotes’ Web site.
Update: He indeed ended up playing.
The towering pivot has been a force so far in 2013-14, at least when he’s been able to play (he was suspended for two games earlier this season). The 26-year-old has 19 points in 19 games along with providing his usually stout two-way play down the middle.
Phoenix has lost two in a row and three of its last four, so keeping Hanzal in the lineup would be helpful.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21