Nov 25, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Martin Hanzal suffered a lower-body injury that cut his Saturday appearance short, but he’s expected to play through it against the Nashville Predators on Monday, according to Dave Vest of the Phoenix Coyotes’ Web site.
Update: He indeed ended up playing.
The towering pivot has been a force so far in 2013-14, at least when he’s been able to play (he was suspended for two games earlier this season). The 26-year-old has 19 points in 19 games along with providing his usually stout two-way play down the middle.
Phoenix has lost two in a row and three of its last four, so keeping Hanzal in the lineup would be helpful.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 19
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 14
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)