Nov 25, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Martin Hanzal suffered a lower-body injury that cut his Saturday appearance short, but he’s expected to play through it against the Nashville Predators on Monday, according to Dave Vest of the Phoenix Coyotes’ Web site.
Update: He indeed ended up playing.
The towering pivot has been a force so far in 2013-14, at least when he’s been able to play (he was suspended for two games earlier this season). The 26-year-old has 19 points in 19 games along with providing his usually stout two-way play down the middle.
Phoenix has lost two in a row and three of its last four, so keeping Hanzal in the lineup would be helpful.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)