Nov 25, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will be shuffling the deck a bit for tonight’s big tilt against St. Louis.
Mikael Granlund (upper body) will miss his second straight contest, allowing veteran forward Mike Rupp to play his first game of the year, according to the Star-Tribune. What’s more, young defenseman Mathew Dumba will sit for the first time in three games and be replaced by Nate Prosser on the blueline.
Granlund, 21, hasn’t played since taking a big hit from Marc Methot during a 4-3 win over Ottawa last Wednesday. The Finnish forward sat out Saturday’s game against Winnipeg and it’s unclear when he’ll be ready to return to action — he didn’t take the morning skate on Monday.
Minnesota’s first-round selection (ninth overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Granlund has 12 points in 23 games this year and sits third on the team in power play assists.
As for Rupp, tonight’s game will be a big one as he missed the first 24 contests of the year dealing with a knee injury. He’s been on an AHL conditioning assignment with Iowa — going pointless in five games — but, at 6-foot-5, 230 pounds, will provide some much needed size in Minnesota’s bottom-six forward group.
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 2
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 32
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 83
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)