Nov 25, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will be shuffling the deck a bit for tonight’s big tilt against St. Louis.
Mikael Granlund (upper body) will miss his second straight contest, allowing veteran forward Mike Rupp to play his first game of the year, according to the Star-Tribune. What’s more, young defenseman Mathew Dumba will sit for the first time in three games and be replaced by Nate Prosser on the blueline.
Granlund, 21, hasn’t played since taking a big hit from Marc Methot during a 4-3 win over Ottawa last Wednesday. The Finnish forward sat out Saturday’s game against Winnipeg and it’s unclear when he’ll be ready to return to action — he didn’t take the morning skate on Monday.
Minnesota’s first-round selection (ninth overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Granlund has 12 points in 23 games this year and sits third on the team in power play assists.
As for Rupp, tonight’s game will be a big one as he missed the first 24 contests of the year dealing with a knee injury. He’s been on an AHL conditioning assignment with Iowa — going pointless in five games — but, at 6-foot-5, 230 pounds, will provide some much needed size in Minnesota’s bottom-six forward group.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)