Nov 25, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will be shuffling the deck a bit for tonight’s big tilt against St. Louis.
Mikael Granlund (upper body) will miss his second straight contest, allowing veteran forward Mike Rupp to play his first game of the year, according to the Star-Tribune. What’s more, young defenseman Mathew Dumba will sit for the first time in three games and be replaced by Nate Prosser on the blueline.
Granlund, 21, hasn’t played since taking a big hit from Marc Methot during a 4-3 win over Ottawa last Wednesday. The Finnish forward sat out Saturday’s game against Winnipeg and it’s unclear when he’ll be ready to return to action — he didn’t take the morning skate on Monday.
Minnesota’s first-round selection (ninth overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Granlund has 12 points in 23 games this year and sits third on the team in power play assists.
As for Rupp, tonight’s game will be a big one as he missed the first 24 contests of the year dealing with a knee injury. He’s been on an AHL conditioning assignment with Iowa — going pointless in five games — but, at 6-foot-5, 230 pounds, will provide some much needed size in Minnesota’s bottom-six forward group.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 3
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 10
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 73
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (77)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)