Nov 25, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Leafs ride Reimer
James Reimer will be in goal for Toronto tonight as the Leafs take on Columbus at the Air Canada Centre.
Reimer earned his second straight nod after a brilliant performance on Saturday, stopping 49 of 50 shots in a 2-1 shootout victory over the Capitals. The win pushed Reimer’s home stats into the eye-popping territory — he’s now 4-0-0 at the ACC this year, with a 1.96 GAA and .951 save percentage.
Columbus has not yet named its starting goalie, but Sergei Bobrovsky appears likely.
Panthers keep Thomas busy
Tim Thomas will start his ninth straight game on Monday at home vs. Philly.
The 39-year-old has been solid for the Panthers of late, going 3-4-1 with a 2.59 GAA and .911 save percentage as the club has secured at least a point in four straight games.
He’ll be up against Steve Mason in the Flyers’ net, another goalie who’s been hot as of late — Mason stopped 36 of 38 shots in an OT win over the Islanders on Saturday and is now 4-1-2 in November, with a 1.93 GAA and .940 save percentage.
— Big matchup in Boston tonight between the Bruins and Penguins, a game in which both teams will start their respect No. 1s. Marc-Andre Fleury goes for the Pens while Tuukka Rask counters for the Bruins.
— With Josh Harding hurt, Niklas Backstrom will get a second straight game for the Wild on Monday in St. Louis. The Finnish netminder stopped 37 of 39 shots in a win over Winnipeg on the weekend. It’s unclear who the Blues will start on goal.
— Still no confirmation on the late games (Phoenix vs. Nashville, L.A. vs. Vancouver), but Edmonton has announced Devan Dubnyk, the NHL’s third star last week, will go up against the Blackhawks. Chicago has yet to name its starter but if they do go with Corey Crawford, it’ll be his 15th straight appearance.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)