Nov 25, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Leafs ride Reimer
James Reimer will be in goal for Toronto tonight as the Leafs take on Columbus at the Air Canada Centre.
Reimer earned his second straight nod after a brilliant performance on Saturday, stopping 49 of 50 shots in a 2-1 shootout victory over the Capitals. The win pushed Reimer’s home stats into the eye-popping territory — he’s now 4-0-0 at the ACC this year, with a 1.96 GAA and .951 save percentage.
Columbus has not yet named its starting goalie, but Sergei Bobrovsky appears likely.
Panthers keep Thomas busy
Tim Thomas will start his ninth straight game on Monday at home vs. Philly.
The 39-year-old has been solid for the Panthers of late, going 3-4-1 with a 2.59 GAA and .911 save percentage as the club has secured at least a point in four straight games.
He’ll be up against Steve Mason in the Flyers’ net, another goalie who’s been hot as of late — Mason stopped 36 of 38 shots in an OT win over the Islanders on Saturday and is now 4-1-2 in November, with a 1.93 GAA and .940 save percentage.
– Big matchup in Boston tonight between the Bruins and Penguins, a game in which both teams will start their respect No. 1s. Marc-Andre Fleury goes for the Pens while Tuukka Rask counters for the Bruins.
– With Josh Harding hurt, Niklas Backstrom will get a second straight game for the Wild on Monday in St. Louis. The Finnish netminder stopped 37 of 39 shots in a win over Winnipeg on the weekend. It’s unclear who the Blues will start on goal.
– Still no confirmation on the late games (Phoenix vs. Nashville, L.A. vs. Vancouver), but Edmonton has announced Devan Dubnyk, the NHL’s third star last week, will go up against the Blackhawks. Chicago has yet to name its starter but if they do go with Corey Crawford, it’ll be his 15th straight appearance.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)