Nov 25, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
If you believe in jinxing someone, then Phoenix Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett might be guilty of doing so to Shane Doan.
On the same Monday that Tippett raved about Doan leading the way because he’s been “healthy and stable,” the 37-year-old winger suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Nashville Predators.
In all seriousness, Doan really has been dominant this season, especially lately. He took an eight-game point streak into tonight’s action (seven goals, 11 points), but that’s over now.
The Coyotes have to hope that their captain recovers from his lower-body issue as quickly as Martin Hanzal did from his; Hanzal left Saturday’s game and didn’t return but was able to bounce back tonight.
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 8
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 3
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 30
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 37
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (37)