Nov 25, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
If you believe in jinxing someone, then Phoenix Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett might be guilty of doing so to Shane Doan.
On the same Monday that Tippett raved about Doan leading the way because he’s been “healthy and stable,” the 37-year-old winger suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Nashville Predators.
In all seriousness, Doan really has been dominant this season, especially lately. He took an eight-game point streak into tonight’s action (seven goals, 11 points), but that’s over now.
The Coyotes have to hope that their captain recovers from his lower-body issue as quickly as Martin Hanzal did from his; Hanzal left Saturday’s game and didn’t return but was able to bounce back tonight.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)