Nov 25, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
If you believe in jinxing someone, then Phoenix Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett might be guilty of doing so to Shane Doan.
On the same Monday that Tippett raved about Doan leading the way because he’s been “healthy and stable,” the 37-year-old winger suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Nashville Predators.
In all seriousness, Doan really has been dominant this season, especially lately. He took an eight-game point streak into tonight’s action (seven goals, 11 points), but that’s over now.
The Coyotes have to hope that their captain recovers from his lower-body issue as quickly as Martin Hanzal did from his; Hanzal left Saturday’s game and didn’t return but was able to bounce back tonight.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)