Nov 25, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
If you believe in jinxing someone, then Phoenix Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett might be guilty of doing so to Shane Doan.
On the same Monday that Tippett raved about Doan leading the way because he’s been “healthy and stable,” the 37-year-old winger suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Nashville Predators.
In all seriousness, Doan really has been dominant this season, especially lately. He took an eight-game point streak into tonight’s action (seven goals, 11 points), but that’s over now.
The Coyotes have to hope that their captain recovers from his lower-body issue as quickly as Martin Hanzal did from his; Hanzal left Saturday’s game and didn’t return but was able to bounce back tonight.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)