Nov 25, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
If you believe in jinxing someone, then Phoenix Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett might be guilty of doing so to Shane Doan.
On the same Monday that Tippett raved about Doan leading the way because he’s been “healthy and stable,” the 37-year-old winger suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return against the Nashville Predators.
In all seriousness, Doan really has been dominant this season, especially lately. He took an eight-game point streak into tonight’s action (seven goals, 11 points), but that’s over now.
The Coyotes have to hope that their captain recovers from his lower-body issue as quickly as Martin Hanzal did from his; Hanzal left Saturday’s game and didn’t return but was able to bounce back tonight.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35