Nov 25, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
The team took Monday off after back-to-back games, so the question is whether he’ll practice tomorrow. Detroit’s next game is against the Boston Bruins on Wednesday.
Holland said it isn’t clear whether Datsyuk, 35, is suffering from a concussion, although the team is following such procedures.
The Russian star suffered whatever ailment is bother him from a questionable hit by Ottawa Senators defenseman Jared Cowen on Saturday:
Cowen didn’t receive a penalty or supplemental discipline for that check.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5