Nov 25, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
The team took Monday off after back-to-back games, so the question is whether he’ll practice tomorrow. Detroit’s next game is against the Boston Bruins on Wednesday.
Holland said it isn’t clear whether Datsyuk, 35, is suffering from a concussion, although the team is following such procedures.
The Russian star suffered whatever ailment is bother him from a questionable hit by Ottawa Senators defenseman Jared Cowen on Saturday:
Cowen didn’t receive a penalty or supplemental discipline for that check.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36