Nov 25, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
The team took Monday off after back-to-back games, so the question is whether he’ll practice tomorrow. Detroit’s next game is against the Boston Bruins on Wednesday.
Holland said it isn’t clear whether Datsyuk, 35, is suffering from a concussion, although the team is following such procedures.
The Russian star suffered whatever ailment is bother him from a questionable hit by Ottawa Senators defenseman Jared Cowen on Saturday:
Cowen didn’t receive a penalty or supplemental discipline for that check.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)