Nov 25, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks chased Devan Dubnyk from the net after scoring four goals about 26 minutes into Monday’s game, opening the door for Ilya Bryzgalov’s season debut for the Edmonton Oilers.
Bryzgalov’s stopped a single shot as of this writing. This is an awkward situation, as the Oil are down 4-1. Generally speaking, the 33-year-old could face a few scenarios:
- The Oilers can take advantage of the occasional humiliation-based boost that comes from getting your goalie pulled to get back in the game.
- Edmonton could struggle to compete, but the Blackhawks might take their feet off the accelerator with a big lead.
- Or the Oilers might slink in embarrassment and botch a bunch of assignments, making it a tough first night back for Breezy.
Maybe it will be a combination of those factors. Either way, it’s the best reason to watch a lopsided ‘Hawks-Oilers game in a quite a while.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)