Nov 25, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks chased Devan Dubnyk from the net after scoring four goals about 26 minutes into Monday’s game, opening the door for Ilya Bryzgalov’s season debut for the Edmonton Oilers.
Bryzgalov’s stopped a single shot as of this writing. This is an awkward situation, as the Oil are down 4-1. Generally speaking, the 33-year-old could face a few scenarios:
- The Oilers can take advantage of the occasional humiliation-based boost that comes from getting your goalie pulled to get back in the game.
- Edmonton could struggle to compete, but the Blackhawks might take their feet off the accelerator with a big lead.
- Or the Oilers might slink in embarrassment and botch a bunch of assignments, making it a tough first night back for Breezy.
Maybe it will be a combination of those factors. Either way, it’s the best reason to watch a lopsided ‘Hawks-Oilers game in a quite a while.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)