Nov 25, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks chased Devan Dubnyk from the net after scoring four goals about 26 minutes into Monday’s game, opening the door for Ilya Bryzgalov’s season debut for the Edmonton Oilers.
Bryzgalov’s stopped a single shot as of this writing. This is an awkward situation, as the Oil are down 4-1. Generally speaking, the 33-year-old could face a few scenarios:
- The Oilers can take advantage of the occasional humiliation-based boost that comes from getting your goalie pulled to get back in the game.
- Edmonton could struggle to compete, but the Blackhawks might take their feet off the accelerator with a big lead.
- Or the Oilers might slink in embarrassment and botch a bunch of assignments, making it a tough first night back for Breezy.
Maybe it will be a combination of those factors. Either way, it’s the best reason to watch a lopsided ‘Hawks-Oilers game in a quite a while.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)