Nov 25, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby sent Monday’s game into overtime with a goal in the dying seconds, but it wasn’t enough, as the Boston Bruins beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3.
This was one of those “something has to give” games.
While the Bruins’ 2013 Eastern Conference finals sweep of the Penguins loomed large in the minds of many, Pittsburgh had been dominating the regular season meetings; they came into tonight’s game 9-1 in their last 10 against Boston. The Bruins have been stout at home, lately, moving to 7-0-2 in Beantown after this win.
Torey Krug notched the overtime game-winner while Swedes Loui Eriksson (one goal, two assists) and Carl Soderberg (two helpers) continue to heat up. (One might blame Crosby for losing coverage on Krug’s OT-winner, by the way.)
The Bruins have now won two OT games in a row, improving their overall record to 16-6-2.
The Penguins are on a two-game losing streak, but at least James Neal seems like he’s back to being “The Real Deal.” He now has four consecutive multiple-point games with tonight’s two-goal, one-assist effort.
Pittsburgh continues to look up at Boston among the elite, as they finish the evening at 15-9-1.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly earn $1 million next season.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:40 PM EDT
Toronto, Calgary and Pittsburgh are amongst the teams, which have reached out.
Jun 29, 2015, 5:54 PM EDT
The payment will be made on Wednesday.
Jun 29, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Bill Hay and Peter Karmanos Jr. are also going in as builders.
Jun 29, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Also inside is information about the potential cap recapture situation the Kings might be stuck with.
Jun 29, 2015, 3:53 PM EDT
Jun 29, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Processing Monday’s surprising termination.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Could make about a $15 million difference …
Jun 29, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
The 24-year-old’s three-year, $2.7 million deal is set to expire on Wednesday.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
If accurate, that’s $10.4M between Niemi and Kari Lehtonen.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
The 24-year-old was a pending restricted free agent.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Get your dog puns ready.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
He should draw plenty of free agent interest.
Jun 29, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Both players can be bought out on Tuesday, if they clear.
Jun 29, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Update: Parenteau’s buyout is already official.
Jun 29, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
He wasn’t tendered a qualifying offer by the Bolts on Monday.
Jun 29, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
He said “the fit was perfect” in Minnesota following the season.
Jun 29, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
The big forward provides injury insurance.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
He appeared in 20 regular season games with Pittsburgh following a March trade from St. Louis.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
He’ll make $600,000 at the NHL level and $400,000 in the American Hockey League.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 3
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 20
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 81
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 79
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 17
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 16
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (83)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)