Nov 24, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Kucherov is the guy to watch.
The 2011 second-rounder (58th overall) has impressed so far, including his first season in the AHL. The 20-year-old already has 24 points in 17 games with Syracuse Crunch, including 13 goals. (The Lightning tend to follow the Detroit Red Wings model of developing prospects slowly, so Raw Charge notes that Tom Pyatt‘s expected return might mean Kucherov won’t get much of a chance to impress at the NHL level.)
Malone didn’t practice on Sunday after taking a shot off the foot during Friday’s game, according to the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson.
Erlendsson also reports that Radko Gudas is out of commission with an upper-body injury, opening the door for this call-up for Korobov.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 25
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)