Nov 24, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Kucherov is the guy to watch.
The 2011 second-rounder (58th overall) has impressed so far, including his first season in the AHL. The 20-year-old already has 24 points in 17 games with Syracuse Crunch, including 13 goals. (The Lightning tend to follow the Detroit Red Wings model of developing prospects slowly, so Raw Charge notes that Tom Pyatt‘s expected return might mean Kucherov won’t get much of a chance to impress at the NHL level.)
Malone didn’t practice on Sunday after taking a shot off the foot during Friday’s game, according to the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson.
Erlendsson also reports that Radko Gudas is out of commission with an upper-body injury, opening the door for this call-up for Korobov.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)