Nov 24, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
It’s been a tough couple seasons for Cam Ward, but every now and then he’s healthy enough to show flashes of the guy who won a Stanley Cup and earned a $6.3 million.
This stick stop by Ward from Sunday’s Carolina Hurricanes game against the Ottawa Senators stands as one of the best examples (if not a save of the year candidate):
Not exactly the kind of material that will get you on Team Canada alone, but it cannot hurt.
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 5
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 2
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2