Nov 24, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
It’s been a tough couple seasons for Cam Ward, but every now and then he’s healthy enough to show flashes of the guy who won a Stanley Cup and earned a $6.3 million.
This stick stop by Ward from Sunday’s Carolina Hurricanes game against the Ottawa Senators stands as one of the best examples (if not a save of the year candidate):
Not exactly the kind of material that will get you on Team Canada alone, but it cannot hurt.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10