Nov 24, 2013, 9:52 AM EST
The Ottawa Senators earned a 4-2 victory over Detroit last night, but it wasn’t easy. The Red Wings got three separate 5-on-3 penalties over the course of the game and both of their goals came with the man advantage.
While Ottawa Senators goaltender Robin Lehner thinks his team has to be a bit more disciplined, he also put a fair amount of the blame on the opposition.
“It’s tough on the (officials),” Lehner told the Ottawa Sun. “I don’t think it’s their fault. It’s like there was water out there with how much they were diving.”
Ottawa was charged with two tripping penalties and three hooking minors over the course of the game.
Senators forward Clarke MacArthur scored two goals, but was also charged for holding.
“I don’t know if their skate sharpener was broken over there or what? There was a couple where they went down pretty easy,” MacArthur said, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
It’s worth adding that the Senators got an unusually high number of power plays too. Both teams were charged with 23 penalty minutes in a game where there was only one fight.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)