Nov 24, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators earned a 4-2 victory over Detroit last night, but it wasn’t easy. The Red Wings got three separate 5-on-3 penalties over the course of the game and both of their goals came with the man advantage.
While Ottawa Senators goaltender Robin Lehner thinks his team has to be a bit more disciplined, he also put a fair amount of the blame on the opposition.
“It’s tough on the (officials),” Lehner told the Ottawa Sun. “I don’t think it’s their fault. It’s like there was water out there with how much they were diving.”
Ottawa was charged with two tripping penalties and three hooking minors over the course of the game.
Senators forward Clarke MacArthur scored two goals, but was also charged for holding.
“I don’t know if their skate sharpener was broken over there or what? There was a couple where they went down pretty easy,” MacArthur said, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
It’s worth adding that the Senators got an unusually high number of power plays too. Both teams were charged with 23 penalty minutes in a game where there was only one fight.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 8
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)