Nov 24, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
The NHL will determine if Carolina Hurricanes winger Kevin Westgarth deserves a suspension for his check on Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki, but Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean certainly isn’t happy. The Ottawa Citizen’s Wayne Scanlan passes along his disapproval.
MacLean called the Westgarth hit “a disrespectful play . . Player 8 should feel shame.” Borowiecki has stiff neck.
— Wayne Scanlan (@HockeyScanner) November 25, 2013
(Westgarth wears No. 8. It’s OK if that was confusing …)
Here’s video of the hit:
Westgarth received a two-minute boarding penalty for that check. Borowiecki was unable to return to the game with a strained neck.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)