Nov 24, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
The NHL will determine if Carolina Hurricanes winger Kevin Westgarth deserves a suspension for his check on Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki, but Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean certainly isn’t happy. The Ottawa Citizen’s Wayne Scanlan passes along his disapproval.
MacLean called the Westgarth hit “a disrespectful play . . Player 8 should feel shame.” Borowiecki has stiff neck.
— Wayne Scanlan (@HockeyScanner) November 25, 2013
(Westgarth wears No. 8. It’s OK if that was confusing …)
Here’s video of the hit:
Westgarth received a two-minute boarding penalty for that check. Borowiecki was unable to return to the game with a strained neck.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 10
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 23
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 12
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 55
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39