Nov 24, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
The NHL will determine if Carolina Hurricanes winger Kevin Westgarth deserves a suspension for his check on Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki, but Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean certainly isn’t happy. The Ottawa Citizen’s Wayne Scanlan passes along his disapproval.
MacLean called the Westgarth hit “a disrespectful play . . Player 8 should feel shame.” Borowiecki has stiff neck.
— Wayne Scanlan (@HockeyScanner) November 25, 2013
(Westgarth wears No. 8. It’s OK if that was confusing …)
Here’s video of the hit:
Westgarth received a two-minute boarding penalty for that check. Borowiecki was unable to return to the game with a strained neck.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (121)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)