Nov 24, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
The NHL will determine if Carolina Hurricanes winger Kevin Westgarth deserves a suspension for his check on Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki, but Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean certainly isn’t happy. The Ottawa Citizen’s Wayne Scanlan passes along his disapproval.
MacLean called the Westgarth hit “a disrespectful play . . Player 8 should feel shame.” Borowiecki has stiff neck.
— Wayne Scanlan (@HockeyScanner) November 25, 2013
(Westgarth wears No. 8. It’s OK if that was confusing …)
Here’s video of the hit:
Westgarth received a two-minute boarding penalty for that check. Borowiecki was unable to return to the game with a strained neck.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)