Nov 24, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
The NHL will determine if Carolina Hurricanes winger Kevin Westgarth deserves a suspension for his check on Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki, but Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean certainly isn’t happy. The Ottawa Citizen’s Wayne Scanlan passes along his disapproval.
MacLean called the Westgarth hit “a disrespectful play . . Player 8 should feel shame.” Borowiecki has stiff neck.
— Wayne Scanlan (@HockeyScanner) November 25, 2013
(Westgarth wears No. 8. It’s OK if that was confusing …)
Here’s video of the hit:
Westgarth received a two-minute boarding penalty for that check. Borowiecki was unable to return to the game with a strained neck.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)