Nov 24, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma expressed concern that the 21-year-old will miss a substantial amount of time – “longer than days” – even if he didn’t detail what, exactly, is bothering Bennett. The 2010 first-rounder (20th overall) already missed a significant amount of time this season with a lower-body injury.
With these bumps and bruises in mind, the Penguins recalled forwards Zach Sill and Andrew Ebbett from the AHL.
Sill, 25, has one NHL game (Nov. 16) to his name while Ebbett, 30, boasts a pretty robust NHL resume for a player shifting between the minors and the top level.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)