Nov 24, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma expressed concern that the 21-year-old will miss a substantial amount of time – “longer than days” – even if he didn’t detail what, exactly, is bothering Bennett. The 2010 first-rounder (20th overall) already missed a significant amount of time this season with a lower-body injury.
With these bumps and bruises in mind, the Penguins recalled forwards Zach Sill and Andrew Ebbett from the AHL.
Sill, 25, has one NHL game (Nov. 16) to his name while Ebbett, 30, boasts a pretty robust NHL resume for a player shifting between the minors and the top level.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25