Nov 24, 2013, 6:51 PM EST
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma expressed concern that the 21-year-old will miss a substantial amount of time – “longer than days” – even if he didn’t detail what, exactly, is bothering Bennett. The 2010 first-rounder (20th overall) already missed a significant amount of time this season with a lower-body injury.
With these bumps and bruises in mind, the Penguins recalled forwards Zach Sill and Andrew Ebbett from the AHL.
Sill, 25, has one NHL game (Nov. 16) to his name while Ebbett, 30, boasts a pretty robust NHL resume for a player shifting between the minors and the top level.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 52
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)