Nov 24, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma expressed concern that the 21-year-old will miss a substantial amount of time – “longer than days” – even if he didn’t detail what, exactly, is bothering Bennett. The 2010 first-rounder (20th overall) already missed a significant amount of time this season with a lower-body injury.
With these bumps and bruises in mind, the Penguins recalled forwards Zach Sill and Andrew Ebbett from the AHL.
Sill, 25, has one NHL game (Nov. 16) to his name while Ebbett, 30, boasts a pretty robust NHL resume for a player shifting between the minors and the top level.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 17
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)