Nov 24, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Gabriel Landeskog is just in his third NHL season, but as he put it, he’s been through a lot.
He’s won the Calder Trophy, become the youngest captain in NHL history, endured a lockout, recovered from a concussion, inked a seven-year, $39 million deal, and currently seems well on his way to making his playoff debut.
The Colorado Avalanche forward also turned 21 yesterday and is hoping that might lead to people looking at him a bit differently.
“Hopefully guys can stop calling me ‘Kid’ and think of me as a real adult now,” Landeskog told the Denver Post.
After a rough sophomore campaign, Landeskog has taken a step forward this season with seven goals and 16 points in 21 games. Meanwhile, the Avalanche have gone from one of the worst teams in the league during the shortened campaign to a legitimate contender for a playoff spot.
Before the campaign is over, he might also represent Team Sweden in the 2014 Winter Olympics.
So he might not be old, but his rookie days are well behind him.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)