Nov 24, 2013, 3:08 PM EST
Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk won’t play today because he was feeling “fuzzy” after being elbowed in the head by Ottawa’s Jared Cowen last night, but it looks like the Senators defenseman will be available, reports the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
The NHL hasn’t scheduled a hearing over the incident and the Senators will play at 5:00 p.m. ET. If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
Cowen was charged with two minor penalties last night, but neither of them were for that elbow.
Datsyuk stayed behind while his teammates traveled to Buffalo and Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that the team would go “through the protocol.” On a more positive note, Datsyuk took to Twitter today to say that he’s doing alright and hopes to return “very soon.”
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 2
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 18
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27