Nov 24, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk won’t play today because he was feeling “fuzzy” after being elbowed in the head by Ottawa’s Jared Cowen last night, but it looks like the Senators defenseman will be available, reports the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
The NHL hasn’t scheduled a hearing over the incident and the Senators will play at 5:00 p.m. ET. If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
Cowen was charged with two minor penalties last night, but neither of them were for that elbow.
Datsyuk stayed behind while his teammates traveled to Buffalo and Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that the team would go “through the protocol.” On a more positive note, Datsyuk took to Twitter today to say that he’s doing alright and hopes to return “very soon.”
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15