Nov 24, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk won’t play today because he was feeling “fuzzy” after being elbowed in the head by Ottawa’s Jared Cowen last night, but it looks like the Senators defenseman will be available, reports the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
The NHL hasn’t scheduled a hearing over the incident and the Senators will play at 5:00 p.m. ET. If you missed the hit, you can view it below:
Cowen was charged with two minor penalties last night, but neither of them were for that elbow.
Datsyuk stayed behind while his teammates traveled to Buffalo and Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that the team would go “through the protocol.” On a more positive note, Datsyuk took to Twitter today to say that he’s doing alright and hopes to return “very soon.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 81
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50