Nov 24, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
“I’ve been on a table too long,” Handzus said. “Hopefully this is over and I can have fun in the (locker) room. I haven’t had that in a long time because I’ve been in the training room for too long.”
The 36-year-old was unexpectedly effective for the Chicago Blackhawks in their 2013 Stanley Cup run, but has been limited by this injury issue this season. Handzus has three points in nine games so far in 2013-14.
The veteran center doesn’t plan on dwelling the successes of the spring and summer or the lower moments of the more recent past, admitting that he hasn’t played his best.
Perhaps he’ll get a chance to turn things around this week?
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12