Nov 24, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
“I’ve been on a table too long,” Handzus said. “Hopefully this is over and I can have fun in the (locker) room. I haven’t had that in a long time because I’ve been in the training room for too long.”
The 36-year-old was unexpectedly effective for the Chicago Blackhawks in their 2013 Stanley Cup run, but has been limited by this injury issue this season. Handzus has three points in nine games so far in 2013-14.
The veteran center doesn’t plan on dwelling the successes of the spring and summer or the lower moments of the more recent past, admitting that he hasn’t played his best.
Perhaps he’ll get a chance to turn things around this week?
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50