Nov 24, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
“I’ve been on a table too long,” Handzus said. “Hopefully this is over and I can have fun in the (locker) room. I haven’t had that in a long time because I’ve been in the training room for too long.”
The 36-year-old was unexpectedly effective for the Chicago Blackhawks in their 2013 Stanley Cup run, but has been limited by this injury issue this season. Handzus has three points in nine games so far in 2013-14.
The veteran center doesn’t plan on dwelling the successes of the spring and summer or the lower moments of the more recent past, admitting that he hasn’t played his best.
Perhaps he’ll get a chance to turn things around this week?
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)