Nov 24, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
Staal had a goal and two assists while his brother Jordan collected his fifth assist of 2013-14. Ward stopped 35 out of 36 shots (including an amazing stick save) to improve his record to 3-3-4 on the season.
Here’s the save again to save you all that tedious clicking:
Justin Faulk also had an outstanding afternoon, collecting two assists in 24:12 of ice time.
With that win, the Hurricanes improved to 9-10-5 while the Senators fell to 9-11-4.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22