Nov 24, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
With Pavel Datsyuk on the shelf, the Swedes took over for the Detroit Red Wings in a 3-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday. (They kind of had to, really.)
Daniel Alfredsson and Johan Franzen scored a goal and an assist apiece, Henrik Zetterberg‘s assist bumps him to 700 career regular season points and Jonas Gustavsson got his second win in a row by making 19 saves.
“I actually thought I had him beat, but he got a skate blade on it,” Ott said.
It wasn’t solely about Swedes, as Canadian Darren Helm scored the 1-1 goal to continue his hot work recently. He has five points in his last five games, including four goals.
As usual, Ryan Miller kept the Sabres in the game (making 31 out of 33 saves) but lost. Cody Hodgson was the only Sabres to score as the team played the same as usual while looking awful in the minds of many in their third jerseys.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)