Nov 24, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
With Pavel Datsyuk on the shelf, the Swedes took over for the Detroit Red Wings in a 3-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday. (They kind of had to, really.)
Daniel Alfredsson and Johan Franzen scored a goal and an assist apiece, Henrik Zetterberg‘s assist bumps him to 700 career regular season points and Jonas Gustavsson got his second win in a row by making 19 saves.
“I actually thought I had him beat, but he got a skate blade on it,” Ott said.
It wasn’t solely about Swedes, as Canadian Darren Helm scored the 1-1 goal to continue his hot work recently. He has five points in his last five games, including four goals.
As usual, Ryan Miller kept the Sabres in the game (making 31 out of 33 saves) but lost. Cody Hodgson was the only Sabres to score as the team played the same as usual while looking awful in the minds of many in their third jerseys.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)