Nov 24, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
With Pavel Datsyuk on the shelf, the Swedes took over for the Detroit Red Wings in a 3-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday. (They kind of had to, really.)
Daniel Alfredsson and Johan Franzen scored a goal and an assist apiece, Henrik Zetterberg‘s assist bumps him to 700 career regular season points and Jonas Gustavsson got his second win in a row by making 19 saves.
“I actually thought I had him beat, but he got a skate blade on it,” Ott said.
It wasn’t solely about Swedes, as Canadian Darren Helm scored the 1-1 goal to continue his hot work recently. He has five points in his last five games, including four goals.
As usual, Ryan Miller kept the Sabres in the game (making 31 out of 33 saves) but lost. Cody Hodgson was the only Sabres to score as the team played the same as usual while looking awful in the minds of many in their third jerseys.
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 30
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (152)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)