Nov 24, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
With Pavel Datsyuk on the shelf, the Swedes took over for the Detroit Red Wings in a 3-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday. (They kind of had to, really.)
Daniel Alfredsson and Johan Franzen scored a goal and an assist apiece, Henrik Zetterberg‘s assist bumps him to 700 career regular season points and Jonas Gustavsson got his second win in a row by making 19 saves.
“I actually thought I had him beat, but he got a skate blade on it,” Ott said.
It wasn’t solely about Swedes, as Canadian Darren Helm scored the 1-1 goal to continue his hot work recently. He has five points in his last five games, including four goals.
As usual, Ryan Miller kept the Sabres in the game (making 31 out of 33 saves) but lost. Cody Hodgson was the only Sabres to score as the team played the same as usual while looking awful in the minds of many in their third jerseys.
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 0
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 15
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 21
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 14
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (55)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)