Nov 24, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
With Pavel Datsyuk on the shelf, the Swedes took over for the Detroit Red Wings in a 3-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday. (They kind of had to, really.)
Daniel Alfredsson and Johan Franzen scored a goal and an assist apiece, Henrik Zetterberg‘s assist bumps him to 700 career regular season points and Jonas Gustavsson got his second win in a row by making 19 saves.
“I actually thought I had him beat, but he got a skate blade on it,” Ott said.
It wasn’t solely about Swedes, as Canadian Darren Helm scored the 1-1 goal to continue his hot work recently. He has five points in his last five games, including four goals.
As usual, Ryan Miller kept the Sabres in the game (making 31 out of 33 saves) but lost. Cody Hodgson was the only Sabres to score as the team played the same as usual while looking awful in the minds of many in their third jerseys.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)