Nov 23, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
For the first time this season, the Edmonton Oilers seem to be crushing their competition. They’ve won three straight games by a combined score of 15-3.
After everything they’ve been through, that stretch seems to have given them a much needed morale boost.
“This is how it’s supposed to feel. It’s how everyone in here expects to feel.”
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins noted that his players seem to have more confidence now. He also believes they’re buying into his system now, which captain Andrew Ference thinks becomes easier after getting evidence of its effectiveness through a winning streak.
That’s all great news for the Oilers, but of course they’re far from out of the woods. Their 7-15-2 record remains one of the worst in the league and the three teams they dominated — Calgary, Columbus, and Florida — have also gotten off to poor starts.
Edmonton will face a much greater test on Monday when the team plays against the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)