Nov 23, 2013, 9:42 AM EST
For the first time this season, the Edmonton Oilers seem to be crushing their competition. They’ve won three straight games by a combined score of 15-3.
After everything they’ve been through, that stretch seems to have given them a much needed morale boost.
“This is how it’s supposed to feel. It’s how everyone in here expects to feel.”
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins noted that his players seem to have more confidence now. He also believes they’re buying into his system now, which captain Andrew Ference thinks becomes easier after getting evidence of its effectiveness through a winning streak.
That’s all great news for the Oilers, but of course they’re far from out of the woods. Their 7-15-2 record remains one of the worst in the league and the three teams they dominated — Calgary, Columbus, and Florida — have also gotten off to poor starts.
Edmonton will face a much greater test on Monday when the team plays against the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)