Nov 23, 2013, 9:42 AM EST
For the first time this season, the Edmonton Oilers seem to be crushing their competition. They’ve won three straight games by a combined score of 15-3.
After everything they’ve been through, that stretch seems to have given them a much needed morale boost.
“This is how it’s supposed to feel. It’s how everyone in here expects to feel.”
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins noted that his players seem to have more confidence now. He also believes they’re buying into his system now, which captain Andrew Ference thinks becomes easier after getting evidence of its effectiveness through a winning streak.
That’s all great news for the Oilers, but of course they’re far from out of the woods. Their 7-15-2 record remains one of the worst in the league and the three teams they dominated — Calgary, Columbus, and Florida — have also gotten off to poor starts.
Edmonton will face a much greater test on Monday when the team plays against the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)