Nov 23, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
Saturday was already a memorable day for Mikhail Grabovski, as the Washington Capitals forward is facing his former team the Maple Leafs in Toronto. It will be for a more unfortunate reason, as David Clarkson‘s skate accidentally clipped him in the face.
Here’s video of the moment (warning, some blood):
As you can see, the 29-year-old was able to leave the ice under his own power. Capitals communications director Sergey Kocharov reports that Grabovski needed 20 stitches, but he’s back.
There’s dark comedy to the fact that Clarkson inadvertently cut Grabovski, as the Maple Leafs essentially bought out Grabovski to make room for the power forward. This was not lost on Down Goes Brown.
Clarkson causes Grabovski to get cut. Again.
— Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) November 24, 2013
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)