Nov 23, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
Saturday was already a memorable day for Mikhail Grabovski, as the Washington Capitals forward is facing his former team the Maple Leafs in Toronto. It will be for a more unfortunate reason, as David Clarkson‘s skate accidentally clipped him in the face.
Here’s video of the moment (warning, some blood):
As you can see, the 29-year-old was able to leave the ice under his own power. Capitals communications director Sergey Kocharov reports that Grabovski needed 20 stitches, but he’s back.
There’s dark comedy to the fact that Clarkson inadvertently cut Grabovski, as the Maple Leafs essentially bought out Grabovski to make room for the power forward. This was not lost on Down Goes Brown.
Clarkson causes Grabovski to get cut. Again.
— Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) November 24, 2013
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 11
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 28
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 17
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 57
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39