Nov 23, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
Saturday was already a memorable day for Mikhail Grabovski, as the Washington Capitals forward is facing his former team the Maple Leafs in Toronto. It will be for a more unfortunate reason, as David Clarkson‘s skate accidentally clipped him in the face.
Here’s video of the moment (warning, some blood):
As you can see, the 29-year-old was able to leave the ice under his own power. Capitals communications director Sergey Kocharov reports that Grabovski needed 20 stitches, but he’s back.
There’s dark comedy to the fact that Clarkson inadvertently cut Grabovski, as the Maple Leafs essentially bought out Grabovski to make room for the power forward. This was not lost on Down Goes Brown.
Clarkson causes Grabovski to get cut. Again.
— Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) November 24, 2013
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)