Nov 23, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
Saturday was already a memorable day for Mikhail Grabovski, as the Washington Capitals forward is facing his former team the Maple Leafs in Toronto. It will be for a more unfortunate reason, as David Clarkson‘s skate accidentally clipped him in the face.
Here’s video of the moment (warning, some blood):
As you can see, the 29-year-old was able to leave the ice under his own power. Capitals communications director Sergey Kocharov reports that Grabovski needed 20 stitches, but he’s back.
There’s dark comedy to the fact that Clarkson inadvertently cut Grabovski, as the Maple Leafs essentially bought out Grabovski to make room for the power forward. This was not lost on Down Goes Brown.
Clarkson causes Grabovski to get cut. Again.
— Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) November 24, 2013
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (63)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)