Nov 23, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
Saturday was already a memorable day for Mikhail Grabovski, as the Washington Capitals forward is facing his former team the Maple Leafs in Toronto. It will be for a more unfortunate reason, as David Clarkson‘s skate accidentally clipped him in the face.
Here’s video of the moment (warning, some blood):
As you can see, the 29-year-old was able to leave the ice under his own power. Capitals communications director Sergey Kocharov reports that Grabovski needed 20 stitches, but he’s back.
There’s dark comedy to the fact that Clarkson inadvertently cut Grabovski, as the Maple Leafs essentially bought out Grabovski to make room for the power forward. This was not lost on Down Goes Brown.
Clarkson causes Grabovski to get cut. Again.
— Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) November 24, 2013
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)