Nov 23, 2013, 9:12 PM EST
Ray Whitney is missing his fifth consecutive game for the Dallas Stars as they face the St. Louis Blues on Saturday. The good news is that Lindy Ruff said that the 41-year-old should be back soon, but they’re being cautious regarding his groin injury.
“He’s real close, but the smart thing is to wait,” Ruff said.
After scoring at an impressive rate for Dallas last season (29 points in 32 games), the play-making veteran hasn’t been as impressive in 2013-14. Whitney has eight points in 17 games played while primarily lining up with youngsters Cody Eakin and Alex Chiasson.
The Stars have won three of four so far during his hiatus, yet they’d likely welcome his scoring touch. They’ll have to wait at least another game or two, however.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4