Nov 23, 2013, 9:12 PM EDT
Ray Whitney is missing his fifth consecutive game for the Dallas Stars as they face the St. Louis Blues on Saturday. The good news is that Lindy Ruff said that the 41-year-old should be back soon, but they’re being cautious regarding his groin injury.
“He’s real close, but the smart thing is to wait,” Ruff said.
After scoring at an impressive rate for Dallas last season (29 points in 32 games), the play-making veteran hasn’t been as impressive in 2013-14. Whitney has eight points in 17 games played while primarily lining up with youngsters Cody Eakin and Alex Chiasson.
The Stars have won three of four so far during his hiatus, yet they’d likely welcome his scoring touch. They’ll have to wait at least another game or two, however.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)