Nov 23, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
That’s a tough break, as the 26-year-old Swede is often a key part of the Predators offense … when he’s not injured. He missed 14 games with upper-body injuries and 10 more with a knee issue in 2012-13 alone, according to the Hockey News’ listings.
When Hornqvist is healthy, he can be productive. He has 13 points in 22 games, with three of his six goals being game-winners this season.
Nashville must hope that this is just a minor issue for Hornqvist, then.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39