Nov 23, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Until recently, when you thought about Brenden Morrow, you thought about the Dallas Stars. He was drafted by them in 1997 and wore their uniform for 835 games. The 34-year-old forward spent seven years serving as their captain until the Stars traded him to the Pittsburgh Penguins during the shortened season.
Now a member of the St. Louis Blues, Morrow will play against Dallas tonight for the first time in his career.
“It’s going to be strange,” Morrow admitted to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“I think there’s nine or 10 fresh faces over there, so it’s not like I know the whole team but it’s still some great memories of that franchise and I’m still real close with a lot of the players there. It’s going to be a strange game.”
Dallas has gotten off to a decent start this season, but it’s the Blues who have excelled with a 15-3-3 record.
Morrow has been somewhat quiet through much of that, but he showed signs of heating up on Tuesday when he found the back of the net twice against the Buffalo Sabres. The former Stars captain will play on a line with another former Dallas forward, Derek Roy.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)