Nov 23, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Until recently, when you thought about Brenden Morrow, you thought about the Dallas Stars. He was drafted by them in 1997 and wore their uniform for 835 games. The 34-year-old forward spent seven years serving as their captain until the Stars traded him to the Pittsburgh Penguins during the shortened season.
Now a member of the St. Louis Blues, Morrow will play against Dallas tonight for the first time in his career.
“It’s going to be strange,” Morrow admitted to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“I think there’s nine or 10 fresh faces over there, so it’s not like I know the whole team but it’s still some great memories of that franchise and I’m still real close with a lot of the players there. It’s going to be a strange game.”
Dallas has gotten off to a decent start this season, but it’s the Blues who have excelled with a 15-3-3 record.
Morrow has been somewhat quiet through much of that, but he showed signs of heating up on Tuesday when he found the back of the net twice against the Buffalo Sabres. The former Stars captain will play on a line with another former Dallas forward, Derek Roy.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)