Nov 23, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Until recently, when you thought about Brenden Morrow, you thought about the Dallas Stars. He was drafted by them in 1997 and wore their uniform for 835 games. The 34-year-old forward spent seven years serving as their captain until the Stars traded him to the Pittsburgh Penguins during the shortened season.
Now a member of the St. Louis Blues, Morrow will play against Dallas tonight for the first time in his career.
“It’s going to be strange,” Morrow admitted to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“I think there’s nine or 10 fresh faces over there, so it’s not like I know the whole team but it’s still some great memories of that franchise and I’m still real close with a lot of the players there. It’s going to be a strange game.”
Dallas has gotten off to a decent start this season, but it’s the Blues who have excelled with a 15-3-3 record.
Morrow has been somewhat quiet through much of that, but he showed signs of heating up on Tuesday when he found the back of the net twice against the Buffalo Sabres. The former Stars captain will play on a line with another former Dallas forward, Derek Roy.
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 5
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 7
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)