Nov 23, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Until recently, when you thought about Brenden Morrow, you thought about the Dallas Stars. He was drafted by them in 1997 and wore their uniform for 835 games. The 34-year-old forward spent seven years serving as their captain until the Stars traded him to the Pittsburgh Penguins during the shortened season.
Now a member of the St. Louis Blues, Morrow will play against Dallas tonight for the first time in his career.
“It’s going to be strange,” Morrow admitted to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“I think there’s nine or 10 fresh faces over there, so it’s not like I know the whole team but it’s still some great memories of that franchise and I’m still real close with a lot of the players there. It’s going to be a strange game.”
Dallas has gotten off to a decent start this season, but it’s the Blues who have excelled with a 15-3-3 record.
Morrow has been somewhat quiet through much of that, but he showed signs of heating up on Tuesday when he found the back of the net twice against the Buffalo Sabres. The former Stars captain will play on a line with another former Dallas forward, Derek Roy.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)