Nov 23, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
Until recently, when you thought about Brenden Morrow, you thought about the Dallas Stars. He was drafted by them in 1997 and wore their uniform for 835 games. The 34-year-old forward spent seven years serving as their captain until the Stars traded him to the Pittsburgh Penguins during the shortened season.
Now a member of the St. Louis Blues, Morrow will play against Dallas tonight for the first time in his career.
“It’s going to be strange,” Morrow admitted to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“I think there’s nine or 10 fresh faces over there, so it’s not like I know the whole team but it’s still some great memories of that franchise and I’m still real close with a lot of the players there. It’s going to be a strange game.”
Dallas has gotten off to a decent start this season, but it’s the Blues who have excelled with a 15-3-3 record.
Morrow has been somewhat quiet through much of that, but he showed signs of heating up on Tuesday when he found the back of the net twice against the Buffalo Sabres. The former Stars captain will play on a line with another former Dallas forward, Derek Roy.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)