Nov 23, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
Fasth is suffering from muscle inflammation somewhere in his lower-body area. Sbisa tore a tendon in his right hand, which will require surgery on Monday, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Fasth, 31, has had a rough go of things in his sophomore season in the NHL. When injuries haven’t been a problem, poor play has been; he’s 2-2-1 with a .885 save percentage and 2.95 GAA in five games played. The Ducks recalled Frederik Andersen to take his place, and in some ways, it seems like he’s doing a Fasth impression this season as a surprisingly useful import.
(While it seems like Jonas Hiller will be the odd man out in Anaheim, the Ducks might be wise to keep their options open considering Fasth’s troubles.)
Sbisa, 23, has had his own issues. He has just a single assist in nine games played this season. Nolan Yonkman received the call from the AHL to take his place.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)