Nov 23, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
Fasth is suffering from muscle inflammation somewhere in his lower-body area. Sbisa tore a tendon in his right hand, which will require surgery on Monday, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Fasth, 31, has had a rough go of things in his sophomore season in the NHL. When injuries haven’t been a problem, poor play has been; he’s 2-2-1 with a .885 save percentage and 2.95 GAA in five games played. The Ducks recalled Frederik Andersen to take his place, and in some ways, it seems like he’s doing a Fasth impression this season as a surprisingly useful import.
(While it seems like Jonas Hiller will be the odd man out in Anaheim, the Ducks might be wise to keep their options open considering Fasth’s troubles.)
Sbisa, 23, has had his own issues. He has just a single assist in nine games played this season. Nolan Yonkman received the call from the AHL to take his place.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (117)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)