Nov 23, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
Fasth is suffering from muscle inflammation somewhere in his lower-body area. Sbisa tore a tendon in his right hand, which will require surgery on Monday, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Fasth, 31, has had a rough go of things in his sophomore season in the NHL. When injuries haven’t been a problem, poor play has been; he’s 2-2-1 with a .885 save percentage and 2.95 GAA in five games played. The Ducks recalled Frederik Andersen to take his place, and in some ways, it seems like he’s doing a Fasth impression this season as a surprisingly useful import.
(While it seems like Jonas Hiller will be the odd man out in Anaheim, the Ducks might be wise to keep their options open considering Fasth’s troubles.)
Sbisa, 23, has had his own issues. He has just a single assist in nine games played this season. Nolan Yonkman received the call from the AHL to take his place.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)