Nov 23, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
When the Blackhawks take on the Canucks tonight, Marian Hossa won’t be on the ice, or in Vancouver for that matter.
Hossa had to head back to Chicago to deal with “a family matter,” according to coach Joel Quenneville.
“I think it’s okay but I don’t know yet,” Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune.
The 34-year-old star forward had a goal and an assist on Thursday in his return from a lower-body injury. He missed three straight games due to the ailment and it’s not clear how long he’ll be out now.
Chicago still has five contests left in a seven-game road trip that will run through Nov. 30. The team will also be without Michal Handzus (upper body) tonight.
This is the Blackhawks’ first game against Vancouver this season. Chicago leads the Central Division with a 15-4-4 record while Vancouver’s 12-8-4 wouldn’t be good enough to warrant a playoff spot if the season ended today.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5