Nov 23, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
When the Blackhawks take on the Canucks tonight, Marian Hossa won’t be on the ice, or in Vancouver for that matter.
Hossa had to head back to Chicago to deal with “a family matter,” according to coach Joel Quenneville.
“I think it’s okay but I don’t know yet,” Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune.
The 34-year-old star forward had a goal and an assist on Thursday in his return from a lower-body injury. He missed three straight games due to the ailment and it’s not clear how long he’ll be out now.
Chicago still has five contests left in a seven-game road trip that will run through Nov. 30. The team will also be without Michal Handzus (upper body) tonight.
This is the Blackhawks’ first game against Vancouver this season. Chicago leads the Central Division with a 15-4-4 record while Vancouver’s 12-8-4 wouldn’t be good enough to warrant a playoff spot if the season ended today.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (118)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)