Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
This has been a rough campaign for Backstrom, who has also missed time due to a knee injury. Even when he has been healthy, Backstrom has struggled with a 3.30 GAA and .874 save percentage in seven contests.
He entered the season as the Wild’s starter, but Josh Harding has put that into question with his superb play. Harding will still start against Winnipeg while Backstrom will warm the bench.
Backstrom needed to be activated off of the injured reserve list so that he could join the Wild for Saturday’s match. Minnesota has also sent 23-year-old goalie Darcy Kuemper to AHL Iowa.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 2
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)