Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
This has been a rough campaign for Backstrom, who has also missed time due to a knee injury. Even when he has been healthy, Backstrom has struggled with a 3.30 GAA and .874 save percentage in seven contests.
He entered the season as the Wild’s starter, but Josh Harding has put that into question with his superb play. Harding will still start against Winnipeg while Backstrom will warm the bench.
Backstrom needed to be activated off of the injured reserve list so that he could join the Wild for Saturday’s match. Minnesota has also sent 23-year-old goalie Darcy Kuemper to AHL Iowa.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 0
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 60
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)