Nov 23, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson‘s groin injury might prevent him from facing his former team, the Ottawa Senators, tonight. That would rob the game of an interesting side story, but at this point the Senators have a much larger concern.
In their first campaign without their former captain, they have been wildly inconsistent. The Senators are currently on a three-game losing streak that’s put them six points out of a playoff spot with a 8-10-4 record.
Amid those struggles, Ottawa has been linked to the trade rumors surrounding New York Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto. That might not be the only player Senators GM Bryan Murray has his eye on, as he’s been actively exploring the trade market, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
For now though, Ottawa hasn’t made a move and Murray is throwing his support behind his current core.
“We’ve got a good team. I still think we’re a playoff team. We just need some players to perform better,” Murray told the Ottawa Sun.
Even if they wanted to make a trade, it would be difficult. There are plenty of teams looking for defensemen, so it has the potential to be a seller’s market. On top of that, the Senators reportedly don’t want to increase their payroll.
All the same, if they don’t bounce back, Murray might take action.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
That tied Game 5 between Pittsburgh and the Rangers at 1-1.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh and Ottawa need to win to survive.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
He won’t return tonight.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
is that the start of a breakout for him?
Apr 24, 2015, 7:13 PM EDT
He had a strong season offensively.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:38 PM EDT
The Canadiens goaltender looks like the heavy favorite.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
His departure in Game 4 was cited as a turning point.
Apr 24, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
“Lots of possibilities have been thrown out about an arena for the last decade and none of them have materialized.”
Apr 24, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
After allowing four goals in a Game 5 loss to Nashville.
Apr 24, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
“In this business, you can’t be afraid to make trades.”
Apr 24, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Much like he did at the end of last year.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Game 6 goes tomorrow in Chicago.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Currently coaching Ottawa’s AHL affiliate in Binghamton.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
Commish liked the chant to calling goalies “sieves”.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Apparently, according to a report out of Austria.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:23 PM EDT
So no Derrick Pouliot, and no Beau Bennett.
Apr 24, 2015, 12:56 PM EDT
Ottawa trails three games to one, but is coming off a big win.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Sharks reportedly have permission to speak with the former coach of the Leafs and Ducks.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Jets d-man will undergo surgery.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Currently playing with AHL Texas.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)