Nov 22, 2013, 12:41 AM EST
Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews had a nice homecoming Thursday.
Originally from Winnipeg, Toews scored once and added three assists in the Blackhawks’ 6-3 victory over the host Jets.
Chicago got three goals in the third period to pull away of their Central Division opponents. The Blackhawks jumped ahead of the St. Louis Blues into top spot in that division with 34 points, while the Jets sit at the bottom with 23 points.
“We really got exposed in our D zone … When you win cups in the years they’ve won them, you see why,” said Jets head coach Claude Noel afterward.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)