Nov 22, 2013, 12:41 AM EST
Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews had a nice homecoming Thursday.
Originally from Winnipeg, Toews scored once and added three assists in the Blackhawks’ 6-3 victory over the host Jets.
Chicago got three goals in the third period to pull away of their Central Division opponents. The Blackhawks jumped ahead of the St. Louis Blues into top spot in that division with 34 points, while the Jets sit at the bottom with 23 points.
“We really got exposed in our D zone … When you win cups in the years they’ve won them, you see why,” said Jets head coach Claude Noel afterward.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)