Nov 22, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews had a nice homecoming Thursday.
Originally from Winnipeg, Toews scored once and added three assists in the Blackhawks’ 6-3 victory over the host Jets.
Chicago got three goals in the third period to pull away of their Central Division opponents. The Blackhawks jumped ahead of the St. Louis Blues into top spot in that division with 34 points, while the Jets sit at the bottom with 23 points.
“We really got exposed in our D zone … When you win cups in the years they’ve won them, you see why,” said Jets head coach Claude Noel afterward.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9