Nov 22, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews had a nice homecoming Thursday.
Originally from Winnipeg, Toews scored once and added three assists in the Blackhawks’ 6-3 victory over the host Jets.
Chicago got three goals in the third period to pull away of their Central Division opponents. The Blackhawks jumped ahead of the St. Louis Blues into top spot in that division with 34 points, while the Jets sit at the bottom with 23 points.
“We really got exposed in our D zone … When you win cups in the years they’ve won them, you see why,” said Jets head coach Claude Noel afterward.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)