Nov 22, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews had a nice homecoming Thursday.
Originally from Winnipeg, Toews scored once and added three assists in the Blackhawks’ 6-3 victory over the host Jets.
Chicago got three goals in the third period to pull away of their Central Division opponents. The Blackhawks jumped ahead of the St. Louis Blues into top spot in that division with 34 points, while the Jets sit at the bottom with 23 points.
“We really got exposed in our D zone … When you win cups in the years they’ve won them, you see why,” said Jets head coach Claude Noel afterward.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 98
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (99)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)