Nov 22, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
Reto Berra‘s first season in the NHL has been quite the whirlwind. After coming over from Switzerland to join the Calgary Flames, he’s now splitting starts with Karri Ramo. Tonight, he learned a tough lesson:
If you’re going to come way out to poke the puck away from a charging opponent, you’d better not miss.
Florida Panthers forward Jimmy Hayes was giving chase to the puck as it entered the Flames zone and Berra beat him to the puck… Only he missed poking it away from Hayes, clearing the way for him to score his first goal as a Florida Panther.
That’s one highlight that won’t go on Berra’s personal favorite list. Making matters worse, that goal made it 3-2 Calgary as the Panthers came back from a 3-1 third period deficit to force overtime.
On the upside for Berra, the Flames beat the Panthers 4-3 in a shootout.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)