Nov 22, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
Reto Berra‘s first season in the NHL has been quite the whirlwind. After coming over from Switzerland to join the Calgary Flames, he’s now splitting starts with Karri Ramo. Tonight, he learned a tough lesson:
If you’re going to come way out to poke the puck away from a charging opponent, you’d better not miss.
Florida Panthers forward Jimmy Hayes was giving chase to the puck as it entered the Flames zone and Berra beat him to the puck… Only he missed poking it away from Hayes, clearing the way for him to score his first goal as a Florida Panther.
That’s one highlight that won’t go on Berra’s personal favorite list. Making matters worse, that goal made it 3-2 Calgary as the Panthers came back from a 3-1 third period deficit to force overtime.
On the upside for Berra, the Flames beat the Panthers 4-3 in a shootout.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)