Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Dallas will receive Calgary’s sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange.
MacDermid, who came to Dallas in last year’s Jaromir Jagr-to-Boston deal, scored two goals in six games for the Stars last season and signed a one-year, $660,000 extension with the club for 2013-14.
The former fourth-round pick had troubles cracking the Stars lineup, though, only appearing in six of the team’s first 21 games of the year. MacDermid’s last game came in a loss to Colorado on Nov. 1, in which he only played 5:32.
MacDermid will report to Calgary’s AHL affiliate in Abbotsford, according to the Calgary Sun.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)