Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Dallas will receive Calgary’s sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange.
MacDermid, who came to Dallas in last year’s Jaromir Jagr-to-Boston deal, scored two goals in six games for the Stars last season and signed a one-year, $660,000 extension with the club for 2013-14.
The former fourth-round pick had troubles cracking the Stars lineup, though, only appearing in six of the team’s first 21 games of the year. MacDermid’s last game came in a loss to Colorado on Nov. 1, in which he only played 5:32.
MacDermid will report to Calgary’s AHL affiliate in Abbotsford, according to the Calgary Sun.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)