Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 PM EST
Dallas will receive Calgary’s sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange.
MacDermid, who came to Dallas in last year’s Jaromir Jagr-to-Boston deal, scored two goals in six games for the Stars last season and signed a one-year, $660,000 extension with the club for 2013-14.
The former fourth-round pick had troubles cracking the Stars lineup, though, only appearing in six of the team’s first 21 games of the year. MacDermid’s last game came in a loss to Colorado on Nov. 1, in which he only played 5:32.
MacDermid will report to Calgary’s AHL affiliate in Abbotsford, according to the Calgary Sun.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 2
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 4
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16