Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Dallas will receive Calgary’s sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange.
MacDermid, who came to Dallas in last year’s Jaromir Jagr-to-Boston deal, scored two goals in six games for the Stars last season and signed a one-year, $660,000 extension with the club for 2013-14.
The former fourth-round pick had troubles cracking the Stars lineup, though, only appearing in six of the team’s first 21 games of the year. MacDermid’s last game came in a loss to Colorado on Nov. 1, in which he only played 5:32.
MacDermid will report to Calgary’s AHL affiliate in Abbotsford, according to the Calgary Sun.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 78
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7