Nov 22, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Dallas will receive Calgary’s sixth-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft in exchange.
MacDermid, who came to Dallas in last year’s Jaromir Jagr-to-Boston deal, scored two goals in six games for the Stars last season and signed a one-year, $660,000 extension with the club for 2013-14.
The former fourth-round pick had troubles cracking the Stars lineup, though, only appearing in six of the team’s first 21 games of the year. MacDermid’s last game came in a loss to Colorado on Nov. 1, in which he only played 5:32.
MacDermid will report to Calgary’s AHL affiliate in Abbotsford, according to the Calgary Sun.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)