Nov 22, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes could be itching to make a deal to help their ailing blue line.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports the ‘Canes are offering forwards Tuomo Ruutu and Jiri Tlusty around the league and they’re hoping to land a puck-moving defenseman in return.
Ruutu has two more years left on his contract with a $4.75 million cap hit. Tlusty is in the final year of his deal which comes with a $1.6 million hit.
Not surprisingly, the Hurricanes have been in a tough spot since Joni Pitkanen broke his heel last season in a collision with the boards that shattered his heel. He’s been ruled out to play this season and the team hasn’t found someone to pick up his slack. Ron Hainsey was signed during training camp to give them a veteran to replace him, but they’re still struggling on the blue line.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 27
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)