Nov 22, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes could be itching to make a deal to help their ailing blue line.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports the ‘Canes are offering forwards Tuomo Ruutu and Jiri Tlusty around the league and they’re hoping to land a puck-moving defenseman in return.
Ruutu has two more years left on his contract with a $4.75 million cap hit. Tlusty is in the final year of his deal which comes with a $1.6 million hit.
Not surprisingly, the Hurricanes have been in a tough spot since Joni Pitkanen broke his heel last season in a collision with the boards that shattered his heel. He’s been ruled out to play this season and the team hasn’t found someone to pick up his slack. Ron Hainsey was signed during training camp to give them a veteran to replace him, but they’re still struggling on the blue line.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 15
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)