Nov 22, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Backlund is in his fifth full season in Calgary and has just two goals and four assists this season. With the arrival of Sean Monahan to the Flames roster, Backlund has become a bit of a missing man amongst their younger players. The past three seasons he’s averaged around 15 minutes of ice time per game, but his production has not been there.
His best season was back in 2010-2011 when he had 10 goals and 15 assists. Last season he had 16 points in 32 games. If the Flames move Backlund, it could turn out to be an ideal “change of scenery” move for him.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7