Nov 22, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Backlund is in his fifth full season in Calgary and has just two goals and four assists this season. With the arrival of Sean Monahan to the Flames roster, Backlund has become a bit of a missing man amongst their younger players. The past three seasons he’s averaged around 15 minutes of ice time per game, but his production has not been there.
His best season was back in 2010-2011 when he had 10 goals and 15 assists. Last season he had 16 points in 32 games. If the Flames move Backlund, it could turn out to be an ideal “change of scenery” move for him.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6