Nov 22, 2013, 7:59 PM EST
Backlund is in his fifth full season in Calgary and has just two goals and four assists this season. With the arrival of Sean Monahan to the Flames roster, Backlund has become a bit of a missing man amongst their younger players. The past three seasons he’s averaged around 15 minutes of ice time per game, but his production has not been there.
His best season was back in 2010-2011 when he had 10 goals and 15 assists. Last season he had 16 points in 32 games. If the Flames move Backlund, it could turn out to be an ideal “change of scenery” move for him.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46