Nov 22, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
Rob Scuderi is now three weeks removed from surgery on his broken ankle and, according to Pens head coach Dan Bylsma, Scuderi’s rehab is going according to plan.
“He’s rehabbing at a moderate rate right now,” Bylsma told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Hopefully in the next seven days or so, he’ll move on to a little more rehab as he progresses.”
Scuderi broke his ankle in an Oct. 26 game against Toronto and was expected to miss 6-8 weeks with the injury. Assuming his rehab progresses the way the club likes, Scuderi could be back in the lineup by Christmas — which would put his games missed total around 28.
The 34-year-old rearguard had one point through 11 games prior to getting hurt, averaging 19:13 TOI per game. He’s in the first of a four-year, $13.5 million deal signed with Pittsburgh this past summer.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
With a two-goal lead, Pittsburgh had four forwards on during a power play, which proved to be the turning point of this game.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
Meanwhile the Lightning are in a dangerous position.
Apr 20, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
“You can’t defend on your heels,” Ryan Suter said.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Colorado overcomes some strange officiating late in Game 2.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Colorado’s rookie sensation is inspiring some bold words.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Colorado might want to keep Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon together.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Special teams factored in.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
The defenseman last played in the first period.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
He’s clearly not wilting in the postseason spotlight.
Apr 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Columbus has been in the NHL since the 2000-01 season.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
More magic from Paul Stastny?
Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
Quite a busy 2:26 of ice time.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
“I have to be better.”
Apr 19, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
The Blues coach mostly pleads the fifth.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
His play may wind up costing him a suspension.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh carries a 1-0 series lead into Saturday.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Things changed fast late in the third period.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
His penalty got things going in the wrong direction for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Memo to players: wear a cup.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7