Nov 22, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
After calling Tuesday’s loss to St. Louis a “good lesson,” new Sabres coach Ted Nolan was singing a different, angrier tune after his team lost to the Flyers Thursday.
“The gloves are officially off,” Nolan said, per the Olean Times Herald. “Now we got to do certain things in order to play. If you don’t, you’re not.”
Nolan was particularly disappointed with the seven power-play opportunities that Buffalo provided Philadelphia, which scored once on the man advantage.
“Penalties are going to stop (or) people who are doing it are not going to be in the lineup,” he said. “It’s plain and simple as that.”
And doubly watch out, Tyler Myers, who did it twice.
The other penalty was for too many men, so you better watch out too…Buffalo bench.
The Sabres have been shorthanded 84 times this season, tied for ninth most in the NHL. It hasn’t helped that they’ve possessed the puck so little. After all, how many penalties are taken by the team that has the puck? The Sabres have had just 72 power-play opportunities, tied for the sixth fewest in the NHL.
Buffalo (5-18-1) hosts Detroit Sunday.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)