Nov 22, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
After calling Tuesday’s loss to St. Louis a “good lesson,” new Sabres coach Ted Nolan was singing a different, angrier tune after his team lost to the Flyers Thursday.
“The gloves are officially off,” Nolan said, per the Olean Times Herald. “Now we got to do certain things in order to play. If you don’t, you’re not.”
Nolan was particularly disappointed with the seven power-play opportunities that Buffalo provided Philadelphia, which scored once on the man advantage.
“Penalties are going to stop (or) people who are doing it are not going to be in the lineup,” he said. “It’s plain and simple as that.”
And doubly watch out, Tyler Myers, who did it twice.
The other penalty was for too many men, so you better watch out too…Buffalo bench.
The Sabres have been shorthanded 84 times this season, tied for ninth most in the NHL. It hasn’t helped that they’ve possessed the puck so little. After all, how many penalties are taken by the team that has the puck? The Sabres have had just 72 power-play opportunities, tied for the sixth fewest in the NHL.
Buffalo (5-18-1) hosts Detroit Sunday.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)