Nov 22, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
After calling Tuesday’s loss to St. Louis a “good lesson,” new Sabres coach Ted Nolan was singing a different, angrier tune after his team lost to the Flyers Thursday.
“The gloves are officially off,” Nolan said, per the Olean Times Herald. “Now we got to do certain things in order to play. If you don’t, you’re not.”
Nolan was particularly disappointed with the seven power-play opportunities that Buffalo provided Philadelphia, which scored once on the man advantage.
“Penalties are going to stop (or) people who are doing it are not going to be in the lineup,” he said. “It’s plain and simple as that.”
And doubly watch out, Tyler Myers, who did it twice.
The other penalty was for too many men, so you better watch out too…Buffalo bench.
The Sabres have been shorthanded 84 times this season, tied for ninth most in the NHL. It hasn’t helped that they’ve possessed the puck so little. After all, how many penalties are taken by the team that has the puck? The Sabres have had just 72 power-play opportunities, tied for the sixth fewest in the NHL.
Buffalo (5-18-1) hosts Detroit Sunday.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)