Nov 22, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
After calling Tuesday’s loss to St. Louis a “good lesson,” new Sabres coach Ted Nolan was singing a different, angrier tune after his team lost to the Flyers Thursday.
“The gloves are officially off,” Nolan said, per the Olean Times Herald. “Now we got to do certain things in order to play. If you don’t, you’re not.”
Nolan was particularly disappointed with the seven power-play opportunities that Buffalo provided Philadelphia, which scored once on the man advantage.
“Penalties are going to stop (or) people who are doing it are not going to be in the lineup,” he said. “It’s plain and simple as that.”
And doubly watch out, Tyler Myers, who did it twice.
The other penalty was for too many men, so you better watch out too…Buffalo bench.
The Sabres have been shorthanded 84 times this season, tied for ninth most in the NHL. It hasn’t helped that they’ve possessed the puck so little. After all, how many penalties are taken by the team that has the puck? The Sabres have had just 72 power-play opportunities, tied for the sixth fewest in the NHL.
Buffalo (5-18-1) hosts Detroit Sunday.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)