Nov 22, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
After calling Tuesday’s loss to St. Louis a “good lesson,” new Sabres coach Ted Nolan was singing a different, angrier tune after his team lost to the Flyers Thursday.
“The gloves are officially off,” Nolan said, per the Olean Times Herald. “Now we got to do certain things in order to play. If you don’t, you’re not.”
Nolan was particularly disappointed with the seven power-play opportunities that Buffalo provided Philadelphia, which scored once on the man advantage.
“Penalties are going to stop (or) people who are doing it are not going to be in the lineup,” he said. “It’s plain and simple as that.”
And doubly watch out, Tyler Myers, who did it twice.
The other penalty was for too many men, so you better watch out too…Buffalo bench.
The Sabres have been shorthanded 84 times this season, tied for ninth most in the NHL. It hasn’t helped that they’ve possessed the puck so little. After all, how many penalties are taken by the team that has the puck? The Sabres have had just 72 power-play opportunities, tied for the sixth fewest in the NHL.
Buffalo (5-18-1) hosts Detroit Sunday.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)