Nov 22, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
It took all of one period for those dialed into the New York Rangers-Dallas Stars game Thursday to realize Henrik Lundqvist was in for a busy night.
The Rangers goalie was called upon to make 23 saves in the opening 20 minutes, and then backstopped his team to a 3-2 win over the host Stars.
The win starts the Rangers off on a five-game road trip.
“It’s not going to be an easy trip, so I’m happy to start this way … Henrik put on a display … he kept us in the game,” said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault, as per the team’s Twitter account.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35