Nov 22, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
It took all of one period for those dialed into the New York Rangers-Dallas Stars game Thursday to realize Henrik Lundqvist was in for a busy night.
The Rangers goalie was called upon to make 23 saves in the opening 20 minutes, and then backstopped his team to a 3-2 win over the host Stars.
The win starts the Rangers off on a five-game road trip.
“It’s not going to be an easy trip, so I’m happy to start this way … Henrik put on a display … he kept us in the game,” said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault, as per the team’s Twitter account.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)