Nov 22, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
It took all of one period for those dialed into the New York Rangers-Dallas Stars game Thursday to realize Henrik Lundqvist was in for a busy night.
The Rangers goalie was called upon to make 23 saves in the opening 20 minutes, and then backstopped his team to a 3-2 win over the host Stars.
The win starts the Rangers off on a five-game road trip.
“It’s not going to be an easy trip, so I’m happy to start this way … Henrik put on a display … he kept us in the game,” said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault, as per the team’s Twitter account.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 23
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 132
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 24
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (132)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)