Nov 22, 2013, 12:17 AM EST
It took all of one period for those dialed into the New York Rangers-Dallas Stars game Thursday to realize Henrik Lundqvist was in for a busy night.
The Rangers goalie was called upon to make 23 saves in the opening 20 minutes, and then backstopped his team to a 3-2 win over the host Stars.
The win starts the Rangers off on a five-game road trip.
“It’s not going to be an easy trip, so I’m happy to start this way … Henrik put on a display … he kept us in the game,” said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault, as per the team’s Twitter account.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11